- Prospective Undergraduate Applicants (Columbia College, SEAS, Barnard College, or General Studies)
- Prospective Graduate Program Applicants (PhD and DMA)
- Prospective MFA Applicants in Sound Arts (NEW!)
- Prospective Visiting Scholars and Students
- Position Announcement: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Director of Music Performance
Important Guidance for All 2013 Graduate Program Applicants (PhD/DMA)
Are you considering applying to one of Columbia University's PhD or DMA programs in Music (Historical Musicology, Music Theory, Ethnomusicology, or Composition) in 2013 (for matriculation in 2014)?
If so, please make sure you read the information at this link very carefully and before contacting anyone in the Department.
The deadline for applications to any of our doctoral programs is typically December 15, and will be formally announced soon.
Be advised: all four areas of the Department are admitting doctoral students this year for admission in September, 2014. This includes the Ethnomusicology PhD program, which is admitting a cohort of new students this year for 2014 matriculation. However, the Ethnomusicology program is unlikely to be admitting a cohort in 2014 for 2015 admission.