[chiplotle-discuss] Superformula for Supershapes

Victor Adan vga2102 at columbia.edu
Sun Mar 14 21:30:39 EDT 2010

The idea of generalizing Chiplotle to include, say, gcode, and more abstract higher level drawing classes is certainly attractive. If we want to move in this direction I'll be important to keep the different "layers" (the hardware plotter interface, the HPGL specific code, and the high level drawing abstraction) very clearly distinct and independent. There are, certainly, many things that are HPGL and plotter specific. The plotter classes can really only make sense for HPGL aware plotters. Maybe there would be other kinds of plotters, like gCode plotters.

We'll see how things evolve, but I don't think we should worry too much about creating a full fledged general purpose drawing language. After all, the main purpose of Chiplotle still is the hardware language and hardware communication.

v.