[chiplotle-discuss] parity N

douglas repetto douglas at music.columbia.edu
Wed Dec 28 09:47:57 EST 2011

On 12/28/11 9:37 AM, Joe Frey wrote:
>   Also, does anyone have a DXY-880 plotter running off a mac? Does
> anyone know if there is a way to query the COM port for it's
> configuration, it seems that DOS had a command called simp. Does UNIX
> offer a way? Thanks, again.

I run all of my DXY's from a mac with a Keyspan usb<->serial adapter
with no problems. When I get home (Friday) I can look at a DXY to get
the exact dip switch settings I'm using.

I don't know of any way to ask the serial port for its configuration,
but I'm not sure it makes sense to do that anyway. I don't think it has
a configuration before you open it, and then it has the config you give
it. In Chiplotle we use pyserial to open the port with the settings in
your configuration file.

best,
douglas

--