[chiplotle-discuss] Newbie question

Ryan Gallagher clickykbd at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 05:12:28 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:01 AM, douglas repetto
<douglas at music.columbia.edu> wrote:

>> Then i tried to install Chiplotle in windows.
>>
>> When I run the setup.py install command, the prompt gives the following
>> response : setup.py doesn't get recognised as a internal or external
>> command, program or batch.
>>

> It looks like maybe you don't have Python installed on Windows?

If it is indeed installed, and so is setuptools module.  Perhaps
double check that the path to the python directory, and your
pythonXX/Scripts directory, are both in your PATH environment
variable.  I seem to recall having to add mine manually, perhaps only
if you installed it to a non-standard location?

View with 'echo %PATH%' in cmd window.  Can be edited from My Computer
-> Properties -> Advanced -> [Environment Variables].  Be sure to
start a new command window to see changes to the environment.
--
ryan
clickykbd at gmail.com

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is
the source of all true art and science."
---Albert Einstein