[cmc-users] Concert NYC-Friday

Douglas Geers geersde at music.columbia.edu
Tue Apr 5 01:43:17 EDT 2005

Dear all,

I'd like to invite you all to attend a concert this Friday night that will
include the premiere of two new works by me, as well as several other
wonderful pieces by my friends in the Electric Music Collective:
Christopher Bailey, Marcus Alessi Bittencourt, and Timothy Polashek.
We'll also feature a new piece by Joseph Pehrson, and performances by
Meredith Borden , Maja Cerar, Matthew Polashek, Sukato, and Marcus
Bittencourt.  Details are below.

I hope to see you there!

- Doug Geers

===

American Festival of Microtonal Music presents:
MicroFest 2005: 25th Anniversary

March 26 , April 8 , May 6

 The American Festival of Microtonal Music (AFMM), under the direction of
Johnny Reinhard, presents 3 New York Concerts at Faust and Harrison Pianos
(located at 205 West 58th Street,  New York City). The series begins on
March 26, continues on April 8, and concludes on May 6. All concerts start
at 8 PM. General admission is $15, $10 for seniors and students (with ID)
at the door. In celebration of its 25th anniversary, the AFMM is issuing 3
CDs on its PITCH label.  See
http://www.afmm.org/noframeix.php?rurl=microfest2005.html for more
information.

FRIDAY, APRIL 8th is a presentation of the Electric Music Collective and
features combinations of electronic and acoustic settings.  Timothy
Polashek opens the evening with polymicrotonal computer generations of
HOT-TEMPERED ARPEGGIOS.  Marcus Alessi Bittencourt introduces BATHYSCAPHE
for piano and live electronics. Christopher Bailey is represented by two
works, OOOGAAH: DUNGEONY SPECIMEN SPACESHIP for computer-generated sound
and samples, with scales and tunings based on spectral analyses, and
MGESAHRED EFFLEWD BQNOUSSK in 23-limit Just Intonation for baritone
saxophonist Matthew Polashek and the composer at the piano.  Douglas
Geers' pair of works are SHADOW with violinist Maja Cerar and live
electronics, and LUNAR CRESCENT for Matthew Polashek (saxophone) and live
electronics, both in Just Intonation. And Joseph Pehrson's world premiere
of BLACK AND JILL featuring soprano Meredith Borden singing in a subset of
72-tone equal temperament rounds out the program.

For more information on the concert, please email info at emcollective.org.
See www.emcollective.org for more information about and CDs by the
Electric Music Collective.

--