[dorkbot-[k.0_lab]] Fwd: [Icommons] Artists in Residence program launched for iSummit '07

Alfredo Vargas bichuelo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 09:00:31 EST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daniela Faris <daniela.faris at gmail.com>
Date: Feb 6, 2007 2:43 AM
Subject: [Icommons] Artists in Residence program launched for iSummit '07
To: icommons at lists.ibiblio.org

http://icommons.org/2007/02/05/artists-in-residence-program-launched-for-isummit-07/

Artists in Residence program launched for iSummit '07

At this year's Summit, iCommons will be launching a new and improved Artist
in Residence program, based on the success of last year's undertakings by
Nathaniel Stern, the Artist in Residence at the iSummit
2006<http://www.icommons.org/isummit/page.php?pID=18>.
This year's program will be bigger and better – we'll be expanding the
program to include more artists, more collaboration and a dual exhibition –
in a physical space at the art workshop, Lazareti and in a virtual gallery
in Second Life.

Essential to the success of the program is, believe it our not – you. We
would like you to suggest an artist from your country, whom we will
consider
when awarding the residency. Or even better, if you are an artists, don't
be
shy, add your name too. All you need to do is go to
http://wiki.icommons.org/index.php/Artists_in_Residence and add an artist's
name.

Based on the suggestions from the community, we'll be picking two artists
 from the Croatian region and three international artists to participate in
the residency. We're looking for artists who produce both in the physical
and digital world; individuals who engage with copyright in some way -
either by using Creative Commons licenced content as their inspiration, or
by licencing their work under CC; or artists who simply challenge the
boundaries of copyright law.

During the residency, the artists will be exploring different themes around
what it means to be an artist creating in a digital world. The following
topics will be investigated during the residency, and a workshop will be
run
by the artists at the Summit, based on the following themes:
•    Different working modes: how do artists work with open content in
their
medium?
•    Different presentation methods: what is the archival value of art made
available online?
•    Sustainability models: how do artists embrace 'copyleft' but still
manage to pay the rent?

Nathaniel Stern will be coordinating the artists in their conceptual
journey. The residency will officially start two to three weeks before the
Summit, as a 'virtual' residency over e-mail or chat, when all the artists
will start conceptualising and discussing these themes. The artists will
arrive in Dubrovnik one week before the start of the Summit, so as to begin
the hands-on work of creating their masterpieces.

The deadline for suggestions on potential participants for the Artists in
Residence program is Monday 12 February.

--
Usando el revolucionario cliente de correo de Opera:
http://www.opera.com/mail/