[dorkbotanglia-blabber] dorkbot anglia three - thurs 25th nov - ipswich
dave_chatting at mac.com
Thu Nov 18 17:43:39 EST 2010
Just a week until dorkbot anglia three - at the CSV Media Clubhouse in Ipswich - Thursday 25th November at 7:30pm.
John Bowers of the Curiosity Collective and Cad Taylor of Ipswich Community Radio, introduces another packed programme:
* Ross Scrivener founder of the popular 365 Project - where you document a year of your life by taking a daily photo.
* David Chatting (me), who with the Curiosity Collective walked from Ipswich to Newcastle, following directions from Google Maps. A five day adventure via Holland! Aided by curious methods of wayfinding, navigation, audio recording, geographical information, mobile social networking and the like.
* Ryan Jordan - a diy approach to self induced electro-hallucinations, searching in vain for things that don't exist, and attempts to contact the ancient ones with varying degrees of success.
* Craig McCahill presents Hunted! a simple pervasive game for the iPhone.
* Plus, "OpenDork" a short ad-hoc slot for anyone to talk about their work - the floor is yours!
The CSV building (120 Princes Street, IP1 1RS - http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=52.05392&mlon=1.1467&zoom=17&layers=B000FTF) is a very easy walk from the train station, just by the football ground and close to the town centre.
Links to everything here: http://dorkbot.org/dorkbotanglia/
Please forward on to local dorks - everywhere!
More information about the dorkbotanglia-blabber