[dorkbotaustin-blabber] Dorkbot20 - SxSW - Call for artists

nick at resistive.net nick at resistive.net
Tue Feb 24 23:51:22 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

It looks like our sxsw dorkbot event is on!

THANK YOU to all the folks who contacted us about sponsorship.  I hope
we're able to continue to move forward and make a sponsorship work out
with you.  If you have any questions or need details about the event,
please let us know.  Given the folks who've given us verbal confirmation,
it's beginning to look like we won't have any trouble working out
equipment rental.

A tentative list off the folks who've generously offered to help support
austin dorkbot - visit their websites, help us support them too!

SXSW Interactive - http://sxsw.com/interactive/
Silicon Labs - https://www.silabs.com/
Mr. Data Consulting - http://www.mrdata.com/
Monstrous - http://www.monstro.us/
Make Magazine - http://www.makezine.com/

Also, thank you to everyone who contacted us with notes like  "Seriously,
Dorkbot is THE SXSW event that I look forward to most".  Austin's got an
amazing community of artists, engineers, hackers, geeks, dorks and makers
and I'm very happy to be a part of it.

So, with that being said, I hope you'll be able to join us for

Dorkbot20
@ Brush Sq. Park
Saturday, March 14 6-8 pm

Current presenters include:

* ArcAttack - Singing Tesla Coils
  http://www.arcattack.com/
* Operation Playmate
  http://www.myspace.com/operationplaymate
* Phil Macnutt - Homebuilt Analog Synthesizer
  http://www.philmacnutt.com/siterrt/Analog_Modular.html
* Bleep Labs
  http://bleeplabs.com/
* First Lego League
  http://www.usfirst.org/what/fll/default.aspx?id=390
* and...  you?

Sending out a call for artists.  If you've got a project you'd like to
show off or a local group you want to promote at the SxSW event, contact
us!  We can set you up with a table or speaking time.  Let us know!

Lastly, Dorkbot20 is a SXSW interactive event.  In order to get in you
must RSVP to get on our guestlist.

RSVP (Option 1):  Join the dorkbot-austin announce list (all
dorkbot-austin announcelist members have automatic RSVP+1)

RSVP (Option 2):  Log in with a yahoo ID and click "I'm going" here -
http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/1904017

See you in March!

-Nick