[dorkbotbristol-blabber] The eyes! The eyes!

Richard Sewell richard at jarkman.co.uk
Wed Oct 28 04:39:20 EDT 2009

Ben - good stuff - sorry I missed the evening.

If it helps, I have a copy of the Gilbertson muscle wire book
(http://www.amazon.com/Muscle-Wires-Project-Book-3-133/dp/1879896133)
which you are welcome to borrow.

Although the wires have a decent pull force, it is only over a small
distance, so we don't have a great deal of energy available for moving
eyes. We might need to keep the eyes rather small and/or light in order
to be able to move them. We'll know that once we have some actuators built.

As for eyes, how about polystyrene balls ? Available in many sizes,
already mostly the right colour:
http://www.polystyreneballs.com/moulded-ball-price.asp

R.