[dorkbotdc-announce] First HacDC Tuesday Seminar Series with DorkbotDC Overlords: Dec. 9 at 8:30 PM

Dorkbot DC dorkbotdc at dorkbot.org
Mon Dec 8 10:37:19 EST 2008

This comes from DorkbotDC regular and HacDC co-founder, Nick Farr:

From: Nick Farr (HacDC) <nickfarr at hacdc.org>
Date: Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 10:29
Subject: First HacDC Tuesday Seminar Series with DorkbotDC Overlords:
Dec. 9 at 8:30 PM
To: announce at hacdc.org

*** PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY ***

http://hacdc.org/2008/12/08/first-tuesday-seminar-series-with-dorkbotdc-overlords-this-tuesday-at-830/

The Debut HacDC Tuesday Seminar Series
Birthing Hydra II: Building the DC Tech Community

When: Tuesday, 09 December 2008 @ 8:30 PM
Where: HacDC (St. Stephen & The Incarnation Church, 1525 Newton St NW,
Washington DC)
Cost: FREE

In our first Tuesday Seminar Series, Dorkbot DC overlords and brand
new HacDC Members Gareth Branwyn and Alberto Gaitán will join fellow
HacDC Members Katie Bechtold (DC Linux Chix) and Nick Farr
(hackerspaces.org) in a conversation on building the DC Tech
Community.

This is the first of a series of Tuesday Seminars designed to help
bring local geeks, dorks, makers and hackers closer together.   Taking
place most Tuesdays at 8:30 PM when Dorkbot is not in session, HacDC's
TSS will feature a wide range of topics and interactive opportunities
of general interest to DC's finest hackers.  (It also helps HacDC make
sure itsmember meetings end on time.)

This Tuesday's TSS builds on our previous community-building
conversation, Birthing Hydra, which took place during HacDC's "Grand
Opening Week".  Following a seminar format, we hope to arrive at a
framework of common strategies for:

Building and maintaining the "organizing infrastructure" of DC's tech
community.
Creating and cultivating more attractive social and collaborative
gatherings and spaces.
Reaching out to future community members and connecting our disparate
pockets of activity.

Next week's TSS will be on lasers!  If you an idea for a Tuesday
Seminar Series topic, please e-mail info at hacdc.org.  To keep up to
date on our events, check out hacdc.org or sign up for our announce
list!