[dorkbotdc-blabber] An Evening of Acoustics Demonstrations at CU

Alberto Gaitán alberto.gaitan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 12:36:43 EST 2011

(via blabber at hacdc.org, thanks Omer!)

Acoustical Society of America Washington DC Regional Chapter is hosting
An Evening of Acoustics Demonstrations for Students at The Catholic
University of America, Washington DC Monday, February 28, 2011

6:30 PM	Sign in and social (Complimentary food and beverages)
7:00 PM	Acoustics Demonstrations

Come and witness unbelievable demonstrations including acoustic
levitation and active noise cancellation. Watch the vibrations of
musical instruments, see tons of iPod & iPad apps for acoustics
demonstrations, and check out a cool speech recognition tool to find out
if you are human or zombie!

This meeting will be held at:

CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF AMERICA
620 Michigan Ave. N.E. Washington, D.C. 20064 School Of Engineering
Pangborn Hall, Scullen Room, 1st Floor

Campus Directions: http://www.cua.edu/about-cua/directions.cfm

Map: http://dss.cua.edu/map/

ASA — DC chapter: www.AcoSoc.org/RegChapters/WashDC/ Attendance is Free;
All Students and Teachers are especially invited. Please Post and
Distribute. Please RSVP to ASAChapterDC at yahoo.com by COB February 25.

Traveling to CUA

Pangborn Hall Our building, Pangborn Hall is just 100 yards from the
Brookland-CUA Red Line metro station. Conference Room The meeting will
be held in the Scullen Room, which is near the front entrance of
Pangborn Hall. The room can be found by walking down the first hallway
to the right from the main entrance. The room should easily accommodate
about 50 people.

Acoustics and Vibrations Lab – B16 The lab is also in Pangborn Hall two
levels down on the ground level from the Scullen Room. The room number
is B16.

DC Metro - Red Line People are strongly encouraged to use metro. The Red
line station is about 100 yards from our building. Our stop is called
Brookland-CUA. When exiting the turn-styles of the metro station turn
left and go up the escalator to get to the CUA campus. A DC metro map
can be found at http://www.dcmetromap.net/.

Parking We have a parking lot behind our building. We will ask the
campus police to not ticket unregistered cars on Monday, February 28.
Please be aware that last year the campus police did ticketed someone in
this parking lot despite a similar request. The parking lot is indicated
on the linked campus map. There is metered street parking near the
building, on John McCormack Dr. The street parking is patrolled by the
Washington DC city police and they will ticket.