[dorkbotlondon-blabber] hello.list posting..

cyrk. kryc. cyrk at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Sep 27 16:47:15 EDT 2005

It keeps getting in my mouth!!! (11.NOVEMBER.05)

acts further information.

--

Justice Yeldham aka lucas abela
http://www.dualplover.com/justice.htm

"It was louder than anything that had preceded it, and it had an organic
quality
that demanded my attention - so I took a look. The Australian stood in the
middle of a semi-circle of onlookers, the DJ and a hospita lgurney behind
him.
He wore a belt of effects peddles about his waste which were wired to a
contact
microphone affixed to a three foot long triangular piece of plate glass that
was
balanced on one shoulder and pressed wickedly against his face with both
hands.
It was like some perverse facial ham press. He blew into the glass like a
trumpet player trapped in a two dimensional universe, sliding the glass back
and
forth across his face to change the pitch, vibrating and adjusting pressure
alter the tambour. The sound was a combination of the vibrations created by
his
manipulations and the feedback from the amplification, and he truly played
it
like an instrument. In totality, it was kind of like a cross between a
dental
vacuum and a jet engine - two of my favorite sounds. The first cuts I
noticed
were on his shoulder where hewas supporting most of the weight of the glass.
His
tee shirt had been sliced in two or three places, and a little bit of blood
was
starting to show. It was evident that this was going to be more than anyone
had
expected, and to drive that point home, he stuck the narrow end of the
triangle
as far into his mouth as he could fit it - and bit down. Breathing through
barred, clenched teeth, a whole new sound appeared and then the glass gave
way,
shattering in his mouth. Quickly spitting out what he could, the larger,
unbroken section of glass was again up against his face - smaller now,
higher in
pitch and somehow more urgent. His mouth was bleeding, and the distorted
image
of his face took on a new aspect of horror as the blood formed an organic
liquid
gasket between man and instrument. The intensity of the noise had not let up
one
bit, and with a few quick twists of the knobs on his belt any sense of
waning
was replaced by a new level of sound and violence. He bit the glass again,
removing another big chunk, and then returned to the "first position," now
with
a piece of glass less than half it's original size. Again, the sound
advanced to
a new intensity, and at this point his entire face was red with blood that
was
mixing with his saliva and mucus to drip in tendrils from his hands, chin,
and
of course the glass. By this point, he was completely unable to stand still.
The
focus and control of is initial stance was replaced by a twisting, stomping,
arching tangle of odd dance moves clearly inspired by the drive to continue
the
performance to it's conclusion. The final moments of the performance are
hard to
describe - suffice it to say that there was no piece of glass remaining that
was
larger that two inches in size. I was definitely left with an awareness that
had seen something that was totally for real - and I know that I've been a
better person for it in the three days since."
micheal SMITH on los angeles 050305

--

SAKADA_
http://www.forcedexposure.com/artists sakada.html

mattin & eddie prevost's shifting ensemble play a 'more powerful' set with
"    " [sic] Goldie - drums
mattin - guitar
eddie prevost - percussion/drums

--

Lgamble_ grunT.computer.o!!i!!O : performing a grunT audio decomposition.

http://www.kippengrabbelton.be/daypicture.htm

--

murmer_
http://www.murmerings.com/

--

Clive Graham_ experimental & electronic rarities.
http://www.stalk.net/paradigm/

--

Paddy Collins_ plays back the recordings.
http://www.noisegate.org.uk

--

Richard Thomas_ regular cyrk master of ceremonies presents his voice as
introductory tool.

+ 'caitiff' cyrk dj's

11/11/05
cyrk at bardens