[dorkbotpdx-blabber] Fwd: [freegeek-social] Bike Counter for WNBR -- ideas? volunteers?

subbies at redheadedstepchild.org subbies at redheadedstepchild.org
Mon May 26 17:46:56 EDT 2008

Er......give everyone a number to stick on their bike before the race
starts?

I don't know that this is a very sexy technological solution.  Then again,
I'm not sure having 1000 specimens of the average Portlander naked on
bikes is very sexy either. But if you're dying for a piece of technology,
maybe you could use a hand tally counter - it's a mechanical button
device connected to several rotating number wheels.  Biologists use them
when counting things all the time. Mechanics + naked biological specimens
= sexy?

-Alexis

   redheadedstepchild.org
        ------- +