[dorkbotpdx-blabber] Mouser Shipping

dave madden dorkbot at mersenne.com
Mon Nov 17 01:14:57 EST 2008

I got dinged for $28 on a $70 order from Mouser the other day.  Pissed
me off mightily, I must say.  The reason for it was a partial rail of
RJ11 connectors...no reason to ship them in a rail (other connectors I
ordered at the same time were bagged), and if they had even cut the rail
down a bit more carefully, it would have fit in their standard small
box.  As it was, they sent me a huge box full of bubble wrap and charged
me 4x the shipping I'd expect on an order that size.

It was just stupid: they don't pocket any fee based on the shipping, so
they wasted my money and annoyed a regular customer without making any
extra for themselves.  I wrote to Customer Service (snail mail, on real
paper!).  I wonder whether they'll reply.

FWIW, I prefer the Mouser web interface, but I expect I'll be using
DigiKey much more in the future.

d.