[dorkbotpdx-blabber] MIDI Lights Saturday

armatronix armatronix at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 9 16:47:38 EDT 2009

Hi,

A few people have asked me when my MIDI LED lights were going to get used, so I just wanted to let everybody know that Fleshtone is playing in Portland this Saturday night the 11th at Rotture, with Glass Candy and Desire.  Should be a lot of fun.  I think there's an $8 cover.

I'm also going to be setting them up at Dunes next Friday the 17th for my show, it's going to be techno.  That one's free, but remember you get what you pay for.

We tried them last night in Olympia with my new firmware that uses HSL on CCs instead of RGB on note-on velocity, and they look way smoother now and are much easier to program, although we're running into the limits of how much data we can fit through a standard MIDI pipe at this point.

If there any Seattle Dorks following along, we'll be at the Nectar Lounge tonight.  Come say hello.

-Hans