[dorkbotpdx-blabber] Corpus Extremus (LIFE+)

Wm Leler wmleler at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 12:12:22 EDT 2009

Interesting article in the NY Times about the Corpus Extremus (LIFE+)
exhibit at the Exit Art gallery in NYC.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/14/science/14corp.html

The "forest of poles wired with antennas transmitting signals of your
presence to a vat of neurons at the Georgia Institute of Technology"
that activate pen recorders to draw stripes on the poles to document
your presence sounds like the kind of thing people here might like.

Incidentally, I've met Stelarc, and he is every bit as bizarre as this
article implies. I met him before he started having an extra ear
implanted in his arm.

--wm