[dorkbotpdx-blabber] Server -> Laptop Trade?

David Madden dorkbot at mersenne.com
Mon Nov 15 14:26:15 EST 2010

On 11/15/2010 11:07 AM, Blain C wrote:
> Modest laptop? How modest you looking for?

I currently have an old Dell with a 1GHz (?) P-III, 512MB RAM.  It's got
a nice 1440x1080-ish screen and runs Ubuntu OK, but it's slow enough
launching Evolution and Firefox and surfing generally that my wife
complains.  So I need less modest than that.  I think RAM is the big
thing that'll help, but a faster processor would be nice too.  Disk is
essentially irrelevant.

She doesn't need pixel-melting 3D graphics or anything, just snappy
response for basic email & surfing.
--
mersenne law llc -- www.mersenne.com -- IP law
patents, copyrights & trademarks for engineers