[dorkbotpdx-blabber] A Tragedy in Our Midst...

Mathew Lippincott mathew.lippincott at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 17:36:36 EST 2010

Yes, robbing banks is pathologically stupid, and the threat of violence used
in these crimes is frightening. But I just don't think that "let 'em rot" is
good answer. Whether this is the product of desperation, isolation, or
insanity, lets let the judicial system do the judging.

In the mean time, Pam and Stan are going to have a lot of time to read
datasheets.

If some prisoner wanted to join Dorkbot, I'd be receptive because I believe
in rehabilitation. Is it a different ethical scenario because we knew them
before they were incarcerated? I don't think so.

Obviously I didn't really know them, but both of them have been friendly and
helpful to me, and they're still people.  Pam, the alleged getaway driver,
is only 25 years old, and who knows how she got into this mess.

I didn't suggest that we had some obligation to help them, but lets not
callous.