[dorkbotpdx-blabber] Free Junk^H^H^H^HCool stuff you might want

Brad Burleson bradb667 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 02:39:29 EST 2010

Good evening-

I'm desperately trying to clear out my basement "man cave" and I've
run across just a bit of stuff I simply can't throw away.  I'm going
to be coming to the next Monday meeting and will gladly bring any of
the following if there is any interest:

1) 14" Viewsonic LCD Monitor.  This is a older, smaller screen but it
does the "flip" where it can be vertical or horizontal.  It was
working fine when my aunt knocked it over and broke the plastic case.
I proped everything up against the wall and let my teenage son use it
for his PC.  One day he said "dad, it doesn't work".  Likely he
knocked it over and pulled out a wire or something.  I've got so many
projects I'm ready to toss this but I thought since it's an LCD maybe
somebody here would want it.  Free for the asking.

2) Box of ethernet patch cables.  I've got at least 3 dozen 1'-2'
ethernet patch cables.  Want 'em?

3) 4 IBM 8364 Thin client Workstations.

These little boxes are Pentium 233 (with MMX) powered and have 2 PCI
slots, as well as having on-board Ethernet and a CF slot.  These make
killer little firewalls running monowall (see
http://kentie.net/article/netvista/index.htm for an example).  Me I
stuffed a pair of ethernet cards inside and a 16MB CF card with
Monowall.  Works great.

Only downside is the faceplates are lost so they look a bit ugly.
However, as my old friend Tom used to say... "free is a very good
price".

Finally... I've got a 20" tube monitor dying for a good home.  Want
it?  Bring a sherpa.  It's a pig.

If there is any interest in this junk^H^H^H^Hlovely stuff, drop me a
note and it's yours.

Brad.