[dorkbotpdx-blabber] Teensy 2 AVRISP-MKII (LUFA) problems

Scott Dixon scott at dixons.mailworks.org
Tue Oct 18 02:37:28 EDT 2011

Boy, I'm puzzled.  Just within the last couple of weeks, I used a teensy with ArduinoISP to program a factory fresh atmega328p on a board I did in the group order.  We also used that setup to program a bunch of tiny44 and tiny84s on Monty's brushbot boards.  I don't have any tiny45 or tiny13 around to check (only other avr I have at the moment is a 2313) but I sure think that it should all work.  Are these new chips or have the fuses been set before?  I'm guessing the invalid signature which comes back is 0x0.  If not, what is it?
Besides the obvious switches to set programmer type, target type and port, about the only other switch I've needed to play with in avrdude is -B which sets the programming clock speed (essentially).   If it is too fast (depending on how the target clock fuses and external xtal, if any, are setup), it might cause problems.
The only other thing I can say is if you are still struggling with this by next Monday, we can take a crack at figuring it out at the Dorkbot meeting.
-scott