[dorkbotpgh-announce] reminder: dorkbotpgh tomorrow (Thursday) night, 7:30pm, brillobox

j. eric townsend jet at allartburns.org
Wed Mar 18 15:47:54 EDT 2009

Our next meeting is tomorrow night, 7:30pm, Thursday, 19 March, 2009

Our speakers will be:

Ian Ingram. Ian is a roboticist and owner of Ingram Clockworks, a small
Lamettrian Geppettoist company based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Using
tickworks and tockworks, we make machines, creatures, remnants of
creature-like machines, artificial symbioses, observations of encounters
with creatures unknown to most of Science, and the Like.

Adrien Treuille. Adrien is a an Assistant Professor in the computer
graphics group at Carnegie Mellon University. He was one of the creators
of Foldit, the computer game where users contribute to science by
folding proteins. He also pursues research in the simulation and
animation of very high-dimensional nonlinear phenomena like animal
morphology, human motion, and large fluid systems.

dorkbot pittsburgh is open to the public, non-smoking, all-ages, and
admission is free. We meet upstairs at Brillobox, vegetarian dinner and
alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are available.

--
J. Eric "jet" Townsend, CMU Master of Tangible Interaction Design '09

design: www.allartburns.org; hacking: www.flatline.net;  HF: KG6ZVQ
PGP: 0xD0D8C2E8 AC9B 0A23 C61A 1B4A 27C5 F799 A681 3C11 D0D8 C2E8