[dorkbotsea-blabber] Opening party: time change

Kate Seekings kate at whimsyfree.com
Mon Aug 4 13:31:54 EDT 2003

Hi, all

Just to let you know that our outrageous opening party is now starting
*earlier* than the previously-advertised 9 pm; we kick off now at 8 pm
on Wednesday this week at CoCA in order to accommodate *more live
performances*.

Here's an updated snippet.

* * * * * * * * * * * *
DORKBOT-SEA "PEOPLE DOING STRANGE THINGS WITH ELECTRICITY" EXHIBIT AND
PARTY

Shocks away - it's dorkbot show time!!!  This month's dorkbot
(http://dorkbot.org/dorkbotsea) is a full-on, no-holds-barred *party* to
celebrate the opening night of our month-long exhibition at CoCA
(http://www.cocaseattle.org <http://www.cocaseattle.org/>  ), "People
Doing Strange Things With Electricity".  Join us for FREE on Wednesday,
August 6th from 8 pm til late; preview the multifarious (and nefarious)
exhibits, quaff a beer, listen to extraordinary music, hobnob with the
press and talk to the 29 exhibiting artists who'll all be attendance.
Performers at the party include DJs Canton Becker, Ario and gLoRy B,
with live performances from RAZREZ and, headlining:  Morpheme (formerly
Eclectolounge).  Works exhibited run a wild and woolly gamut from
interactive sound installations to crazed kinetic sculpture to
digitally-manipulated or generated images to things that go bleep or
talk back - but all use electricity as an integral and essential
component of their creation or display.  Exhibiting artists include
Maribeth Back, John Bain, William J. Beaty, Canton Becker, Carlos da
Silva, Meredith Finkelstein, Davis Freeman, S. Lyn Goeringer, Laura
MacCary and Lawrence MacCary, Paul McCall and Peter Brady, Cathy McClure
and Seth Sexton, Chris McMullen, Peter J. Mundweiler, Patrick O'Dowd and
Christopher O'Dowd, Peter Reiquam, Stephen Rock, Dave Rubin and Mandy
Greer, Mars Saxman, Mark Taylor-Canfield, W. Scott Trimble, Trimpin and
Eric Hungerford, Jeremy Winters, and Mark Zirpel.  Check out the
exhibition any time from 8/6 to 9/3 - but come along on Wednesday 6th at
8 pm and party in dorkbot style:  it's gonna be an electric evening!
Please RSVP as usual to dorkbotsea at dorkbot.org so we can ensure that you
have a drink to call your own.

See you on Wednesday!