[dorkbotsea-blabber] Electricity and human power

Seth! Leary email at sethleary.com
Tue Jul 29 20:16:29 EDT 2008

Well, far out. I learned all sorts of things this afternoon. Thanks!

The reason for this line of inquiry (besides just intellectual curiosity) is
that I want to build (or have built) a pedal gadget that really does use
human power to do...something. Lighting up bulbs is pretty cool because it's
visual. Powering a motorized thing could be good because it is actual
work--as opposed to a radio or some other thing that burns energy into heat
and such without moving anything. Basically, I want to recreate that science
center exhibit but with more authentic feedback in terms of human effort to
output. If anyone has had a burning desire to create such a thing and wants
to join the fun, let me know. It would be a paying gig.

Cheers and thank you again.

Seth!