[jmsl] Audiosample playback & Synchronization

jmsl at music.columbia.edu jmsl at music.columbia.edu
Sat Jul 10 12:36:14 EDT 2004

Thanks Nick!!!

On adding the setAdvance, I noticed less GUI interference as per the test I
mentioned. There was a marked improvement in the output with
ParallelCollections but only for usages of less than 4%.

The reason I was re-launching each repeat was that I wanted the display to
hold a flash color for some time, while the sample is being played. I have
changed it to recreate a FlashJob each repeat but I will have to change
that to reduce overhead in the full application.

Usage shows about 12%. We can consider that an average. My application
needs to be scalable up to around 40% usage, if possible. Thanks again.

- Bosun

http://web.mit.edu/jabos/www/SyncTest