[jmsl] Interval notes problem

jmsl at music.columbia.edu jmsl at music.columbia.edu
Tue Feb 14 18:28:48 EST 2006

Hi Pavlos

I am very happy the Note subclass scheme is working! I'd love to see
that documented.

In the current version of JMSL, the way to do what you want would be
notated as a quaver duplet (ie an 8th Note with a Interval) followed by
a quaver.  Set the hold time of the root of the duplet to a value close
to 1.0 instead of the default 0.4 in order to hear it sound for the full
beat.  You can do this programmatically when you addNote() or double
click on the Note in JMSL Score, and change the value in the editor that
pops up

The version of JMSL which I am currently working on has multiple tracks
per staff.  So you could have a crotchet stem down at time zero on track
0 with two quavers above it in track 1 at times 0 and 0.5

Thanks
Nick Didkovsky