[jmsl] first post

jmsl at music.columbia.edu jmsl at music.columbia.edu
Thu Feb 23 10:22:05 EST 2006

Hi again,
	Thanks so much for clarifying how to put Notes into a MusicShape.  I
noticed in the code that you sent that only the PerformanceData from
Note had been added to MusicShape.  As I am interested in
transformations involving dynamics and marks, etc., I was wondering if
there is a convenient way to globally add all of Note's fields to the
MusicShape, or would I have to do something like:
	musicShape.add(note.getDynamic());
	musicShape.add(note.getCrescIn());
	musicShape.add(note.getSlurredIn());
	and so on.
If so, I assume I would add these to DimensionNameSpace first?  I would
like to do this to add custom timbre / articulation markings
(fluttertongue, tremolo, ...) that I had set as text on Note as well.

	On a technical note (no pun intended), I received the following
message in the Java console when I tried to run
TranscribingUnaryTransform:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
	at
com.softsynth.jmsl.score.ScoreCanvasSwingJPanel.<init>(ScoreCanvasSwingJ
Panel.java)
	at com.softsynth.jmsl.score.ScoreCanvasSwing.a(ScoreCanvasSwing.java)
	at
com.softsynth.jmsl.score.ScoreCanvasSwing.<init>(ScoreCanvasSwing.java)
	at
com.softsynth.jmsl.score.ScoreCanvasFactory.b(ScoreCanvasFactory.java)
	at
com.softsynth.jmsl.score.ScoreCanvasFactory.createScoreCanvas(ScoreCanva
sFactory.java)
	at com.softsynth.jmsl.score.Score.build(Score.java)
	at com.softsynth.jmsl.score.Score.<init>(Score.java)
	at com.softsynth.jmsl.score.Score.<init>(Score.java)
	at com.softsynth.jmsl.score.Score.<init>(Score.java)
	at
composition.TranscribingUnaryTransform.main(TranscribingUnaryTransform.j
ava:229)

The message for TranscribingBinaryTransform was virtually identical:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
	at
com.softsynth.jmsl.score.ScoreCanvasSwingJPanel.<init>(ScoreCanvasSwingJ
Panel.java)
	at com.softsynth.jmsl.score.ScoreCanvasSwing.a(ScoreCanvasSwing.java)
	at
com.softsynth.jmsl.score.ScoreCanvasSwing.<init>(ScoreCanvasSwing.java)
	at
com.softsynth.jmsl.score.ScoreCanvasFactory.b(ScoreCanvasFactory.java)
	at
com.softsynth.jmsl.score.ScoreCanvasFactory.createScoreCanvas(ScoreCanva
sFactory.java)
	at com.softsynth.jmsl.score.Score.build(Score.java)
	at com.softsynth.jmsl.score.Score.<init>(Score.java)
	at com.softsynth.jmsl.score.Score.<init>(Score.java)
	at
composition.TranscribingBinaryTransform.main(TranscribingBinaryTransform
.java:186)

I'm using Eclipse on Mac OSX 10.3, if that helps.  I had no problem
running SelectedToMusicShape, but I realize this is a less elegant
solution.

Thanks again,