[jmsl] score layout questions: accidentals and staff numbers

jmsl at music.columbia.edu jmsl at music.columbia.edu
Tue Jun 5 16:19:34 EDT 2007

Hi all--

Two (hopefully) quick questions re score layout in JMSL:

1) STAFF NUMBERS

I'd like to get rid of the staff numbers that appear to the left of
each staff when rendered, but I can't find any way to disable these
in the API or in JScore. Any ideas of how I might hide them?

2) ACCIDENTAL LAYOUT

I'm having some problems with accidentals getting drawn in weird
places. For instance, if I create a note cluster of F#, G#, and A# in
JScore, the # for the G gets drawn on top of the F and A noteheads.
 From what I can tell, accidentals always seem to be drawn a fixed
horizontal offset before a notehead, regardless of what other notes
or accidentals may be in the way.

I'd be happy to programmatically override this behavior and manually
place the accidentals, but I can't figure out how to get a hold of
the accidentals; their layout seems to be handled within Note, and I
don't see separate drawing anchors for them which I can manipulate,
or any other accidental layout functionality in the API. I'd
appreciate any suggestions about how to hack through this ;) The next
step is to just use the Graphics2D API and manually draw my
accidentals, which is definitely doable but a bit of a pain.

Best,
--Jason