[jmsl] Track.getInsertionIndex() ?

jmsl at music.columbia.edu jmsl at music.columbia.edu
Mon Dec 1 15:58:28 EST 2008

Hi Peter

You are right there is no public getter for a Track's insertion index.
Until now, the only one who needs to kow it is the Track, which most of
the time is being told what its insertion index is by other classes, who
do not care what the current index i (for example, the action of
clicking between a couple of notes to insert a new note does not depend
on the current insertion index.

I guess you are either inserting notes into a track with public void
insertNote(Note note)  or insertNote(Note note, int index) ?
If the latter, then you already know the index. If the former, then you
should know that insertindex is incremented by 1 every time this is called.

Alternatively you could keep track of the last Note added to each Track
and then ask the Note.getNoteIndex()

But let's back up for a sec;  what method are you calling to insert
notes into your Tracks?

Thanks
Nick