[jmsl] getting MidiShare to work

Java Music Specification Language jmsl at music.columbia.edu
Tue Feb 22 13:17:37 EST 2011

Hi Nick,

 I'm just now reading your paper again.. "Java Music Specification Language
and Max/MSP".
I was going to try to incorporate Max anyways, as an interface to Ableton
Live..  and there's really no reason to need to have MIDI involved pre-Max,
now,
especially if JMSL and Max can communicate already.   Are the externals
mentioned in your paper available to use?
I had stopped working with Max for awhile before, since I was experiencing
some weird timing issues and strange errors here and there, and wanted to
try doing something
in "pure code".  That is proving to be just as (or more) difficult when it
comes to MIDI, so I'm eager to try Max again, especially if it has already
been proven to work well with JMSL.
Any advice on where to go from here (or if it's worth it or not to even try
this route) will be very helpful.  Thanks !

Regards,

Tom Jordan