[jmsl] getting MidiShare to work

Java Music Specification Language jmsl at music.columbia.edu
Tue Feb 22 13:19:32 EST 2011

Hi Tom

Would be nice to have all MidiShare questions answered before going to
Max. But using Max would be very straightforward.

Check out the class called com.softsynth.jmsl.max.JMSLInstrumentToMax
It is an mxj object which you can drop into your Max environment. It
will listen to the output of every com.softsynth.jmsl.max.MaxInstrument
that play()'s
So you can do all your composition and structuring in Java/JMSL and just
use Max as an output device.
But personally I'd rather see you use Max if you get real Max
functionality out of it, rather than using it as a workaround. But on
the other hand, whatever works, works! Your piece, your call obviously!
Please see Examples #1 and #3 at
http://www.algomusic.com/jmsl/maxmsp/index.html

Best
Nick