[jsyn] Sample trill timing

jsyn at music.columbia.edu jsyn at music.columbia.edu
Tue Dec 14 10:01:09 EST 2004

Hi Phil,

Using the clear method before queueOn definitely clears things up!

Many thanks for your help.

Edward

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:02:11 -0800
From: jsyn at music.columbia.edu
Subject: Re: [jsyn] FW: Trill Timing samples vs. Triangle Oscillator
To: <jsyn at music.columbia.edu>

Hello Ed,

> samples are somewhat longer. I thought that it would be fine if I used two
> sample players and started the second sampler before the first one was
> finished (so as to overlap the tones a bit). However, in practice that
does
> not seem to work (i.e. the second sample does not want to start playing
> until the first one is finished).

That is quite odd. Is it possible they are getting queued to the same
player? Two sample players should work completely independantly.

> Some of my instruments have shorter sample
> lengths, in this case, the timing is OK.

Ahah! That is a major clue.
Call clear(time) before calling queueOn(time,sample).
That will stop the older sample that is playing and allow the new sample to
start immediately.

Phil Burk

End of JSyn Digest, Vol 11, Issue 6