[jsyn] Exceptions after WavFile write

jsyn at music.columbia.edu jsyn at music.columbia.edu
Fri Jun 11 12:11:39 EDT 2004

Hello David,

> After writing my sound file to disc, everything seems to shut down just
> fine, and the audio is written to the appropriate file and will open.
> However, just as the java program exits, I get this error message:
>
> StreamRecorder.run() caught java.io.IOException: Bad file descriptor

The StreamRecorder runs a background thread to read audio from the JSyn
native synthesis engine and write it to a file. Perhaps that file is being
closed before the StreamRecorder is done writing to it.

Do you call streamRecorder.stop() before closing the file?

> FYI - I notice that TJ_NonRealTime.java calls for Jsyn version 141.
> (requesting that version in my code doesn't seem to help though)

That means that the example is not relying on any features that were added
since V14.1. So you can use any version of JSyn from V14.1 onwards. But you
cannot run this example with JSyn V14.0 or earlier.

Phil Burk