[jsyn] PeakFollower and ChannelIn

jsyn at music.columbia.edu jsyn at music.columbia.edu
Wed Jun 23 07:47:59 EDT 2004

Hi all,
         I have a question regarding SynthSample read
method.

When i connect SampleWriter to PeakFollower´s output
(which is connected to LineIn)it gives me values
greater then 12000 and they are gradully increasing no
negative value but when i connect sampleWriter
directly to LineInput it gives me values betwwen -300
to 300 but there is no change when i make some noises
on Microphone, mean to say there is no change al all
this is what i do#

peak.output.connect(0,sampleWriter.input,0);
sampleWriter.start();
sampleWriter.samplePort.queueLoop(sampleBuffer);

micInput.output.connect(0,sampleWriter.input,0);
sampleWriter.start();
sampleWriter.samplePort.queueLoop(sampleBuffer);

What i belive to think is when i connect both
sampleWriter and peak to microphone output one of them
dont work(is by belive false) or may be you can
suggest what could be wrong.