[jsyn] beginner's osc quest

jsyn at music.columbia.edu jsyn at music.columbia.edu
Fri Feb 18 23:01:42 EST 2005

hello db+

Phase is not a continuous control input for the current oscillators. It can
only be set by calling set(). You cannot connect to a phase input.  More
discussion here:

http://music.columbia.edu/pipermail/jsyn/2005-February/010307.html

Instead of doing phase modulation, you could do frequency modulation. It is
different but you can get similar effects. Perhaps because the derivative of
a sine wave is a cosine wave which is sonically equivalent.

Phil