[jsyn] Multiple output channels in Windows

jsyn at music.columbia.edu jsyn at music.columbia.edu
Thu Apr 10 14:14:46 EDT 2008

Hello Ross,

 > In Windows, I can access both "halves" of my four channel output M-Audio
 > Fast Track Pro. However, again, as two individual devices, not a single
 > four channel device.

Windows MME like to access multi-channel devices as multiple stereo
devices. This is not convenient for the reasons you mention.

If I recall correctly, you are a licensed JSyn developer. You,
therefore, have access to the licensee page here:

http://www.softsynth.com/restricted/

On that page there is a version of JSyn that links to PortAudio using a
  DLL. That means that you can use the latest PortAudio libraries or
tweak your own copy.

We have included in that ZIP archive a precompiled DLL for PortAudio
that uses MME and ASIO. ASIO provides the best support for multi-channel
devices that appears as a single device with multiple channels.

Thank you,
Phil Burk
SoftSynth, Audio Research and Development
http://www.softsynth.com/
75 Pleasant Lane, San Rafael, CA, 94901 USA
Phone/FAX: 1-415-453-4320