[linux-audio-dev] some more GMPI thoughts
" horsh "
horsh at mail.ru
Tue Oct 21 10:43:14 EDT 2003
1)is API monolithous or there are sub-APIs
like GMPI-audio, GMPI-seq, GMPI-control
2) Explicit versioning for API?
3) Explicit versioning for plugins?
4) uniq IDs for plugins?
who is authority?
5) format for plugin state saving:
XML? (damn its ugly!)
I vote for more YAML-like language.
6) Should the GMPI discussion produce
reference plugin implementation
reference host implementation
reference tools implementation
7) Can there be off-line non real-time plugins?
8) Should the specification produce
any requirement for more documents?
A documant describing standard set of plugins
(like in General Midi) so one could expect
the first 64 plugins to be so and so.
More information about the linux-audio-dev