[linux-audio-dev] New version of zynaddsubfx (2.0.0_pre)
zynaddsubfx at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 08:58:31 EDT 2004
I am Paul, the author of the software synthesizer called ZynAddSubFX.
I made a pre-release version. Please get it from
2.0.0_pre1 (17 Iul 2004)
- Added a new powerful synth engine which is called PADsynth, you can
make very beautifull pads and even some strange sounds
- Now is used the XML format for all zynaddsubfx parameters(.XMZ for
master parameters, .XIZ for instrument parameters and .XSZ for scale
parameters).You can import older parameters. All parameters files are
compressed with gzip algorithm.
- Some parameters has changed and you might ecounter different sounds
that you saved in the older versions of zynaddsubfx
- The instrument banks are no longer single files, but directories that
contains instrument .XIZ files (you can organize them even with a file
manager). Also, you can use more than 1 banks easily.
- Added a new effect called DynamicFilter that allows you to do
WahWah,AutoWah, VocalMorpher and other effects
- Started to write a small sequencer that allows to load and play a
midi file from zynaddsubfx (unfinished)
- ZynAddSubFX is available from CVS, too. Please look at the
sourceforge project page to get more information (
- The waveform generator (OscilGen) has many new parameters :) also if
you press the "Shift" key, you can draw the hamonics amplitude/phases
- Many user interface improvements
- You can load a file at the start of the program with "-l"
command-line parameter and you can run zynaddsubfx w/o user interface with "-U"
- It is possible to dump all MIDI notes into a text file
- The instruments can contain comments and copyright information in
order to encourage sharing of them
- FFT3W library is supported
- More "randomness" options
- Other impovements
- Many, many bugfixes
- Added the full changelog (since I started to write zynaddsubfx), most
is in Romanian
The documentation for this version is not written. Please wait for a while
until I'll write it.
I recomand you to test the instruments, because I added many new instruments.
Do you Yahoo!?
New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB messages!
More information about the linux-audio-dev