[linux-audio-user] [ANN] alsamodular-1.7.6
mana at suse.de
Tue Mar 2 13:57:39 EST 2004
AlsaModularSynth 1.7.6 is available from SourceForge:
- Speed optimizations give more voices in polyphic mode :-)
- Fixed support for sustain/hold pedal.
- Added VC Double Decay (a very cool envelope, suggested by Fons Adriaensen)
- Added demos/example_vcdoubledecay.ams (velocity dependent).
- Added Quantizer 2 (very simple module).
- Fixed VC panning module.
- Added pitch-dependend panorama (note that offset and gain are functional
in this mode) in VC panning module.
See *_pan_*.ams in the instruments folder for the new stereo effects.
Try out the different modes of the VC panning (especially "Sort by
pitch"), where Pan Gain should be >= 1.
VC Double Decay is a double exponential decay. Ratio is the ratio of the
two exponentials. Ratio = 0 will give the "normal" steady sustain.
Ratio > 0 will make the envelope decay starting from the sustain level,
much like in a piano or harpsichord. Citing Fons: "This is the correct
model for a vibrating string that is coupled to a resonator or to another
Have fun !
Dr. Matthias Nagorni
SuSE Linux AG
Maxfeldstr. 5 phone: +49 911 74053375
D - 90409 Nuernberg fax : +49 911 74053483
More information about the linux-audio-user