[linux-audio-user] ANN: NoteEdit 2.8.0 Release Candidate 1 released
suamor at web.de
Sun Jun 5 05:39:57 EDT 2005
This is the release candidate in the release cycle of the coming 2.8.0
release of NoteEdit.
If you still find bugs post them in the Bug tracker. or mail them to the
developer mailing list.
Known bugs can be found in the Bug tracker as well.
Since now, we were successfully maintaining the original English, German
(most of NE developers), Slovenian (myself) and Slovakian (Zdenko
Podobný) translation. However, we did not recieve any progress report or
confirmation about the translations to other languages.
Let me remind you that the deadline to commit the translation files is
on Sunday, 12th June 2005, 23:59 CET.
Translations not being sent until Sunday will not make it to the stable
Please contact us immediately if you're making or going to make the
translation work for your language. If we won't recieve a confirmation
within 48 hours, we will assume that this message didn't reach
you and we'll start to search for another translators.
If you want to start a new translation for NoteEdit in your language
we would be happy if you contact us as well. The best way to contact
us is our team's development mailing list (noteedit-devel at berlios.de).
Release 2.8.0 RC1
- Updated translations and fixed Makefile to include Slovenian translation.
- RFE #573 - Soprano clef added.
- Score info fields and staff names can now include double quotes ("),
- RFE #730 - Direct MIDI import - one-click MIDI file import implemented.
- RFE #729 - warning message before TSE3 -> Score added.
- Automatic bar placement disabled if no time signature defined.
- Allow bar placement in empty staffs with no clef/key/time signature.
- Merged staff properties and voice dialog.
- Staff properties can now change all staffs at once, not only the
- Menu point staff -> voices invokes the staff properties.
- More improvements to the menu: Easier access via keys, some better
(like Close / Quit, Select Multi Staff).
- Main window title now includes score title and subtitle by default, if
defined yet, it the current uses file name.
- Many score layout window improvements (bottom-up selection, resized
fit captions on buttons, added form caption).
- Removed fuzzyness from german translation and updated all po(t) files
(others will have fuzzyness as well until translated).
- Removed a thrilling MusiXTeX warning when exporting and replaced it with a
nice notice dialog.
- New icon.
- Implemented splash screen.
- New playback shortcut. Changed Edit Mode and Insert Rest default
- Save main window position and size (default: available screen geometry).
- Toolbar settings of every toolbar are saved and restored.
- Integrated patch 403 - Better menu structure.
- Removed "Report Bug" menu item from help menu.
- The last selected key or time signature is now remembered and gets
automatically when inserting it the second time.
- configure now works on FreeBSD (thanks to Raphael Langerhorst)
- Fixed #3944 - polyphony importing wrong in MusicXML.
- Fixed #3969 - Score layout: Text on buttons uncomplete.
- Fixed #3595 - dbl quotes in some score info fields leads to invalid files.
- Fixed #3935 - deleting element doesn't make document edited - also
in delete element code.
- Fixed #3934 - discard changes dialog ignored on exit.
- Fixed #3914 - crash when a pasting to new staff.
- Fixed #3504 - bad file save without clef.
- Fixed #3861 - Multirests in non-4/4 measure broken.
- Fixed #3862 - measures after multirests not numbered correctly.
- Fixed #3183 - multistaff broken - warning message added.
- Fixed #3403 - export lilypond 2.4 lyrics problem.
- Fixed #3418 - Doesn't save icon settings
- Fixed #3484 - crash on midi import.
- Fixed #3503 - hard crash on midi export.
- Fixed #3505 - ABC export when leading repeat open and other voices.
- Fixed #3786 - midi export crashes noteedit.
- Fixed #3791 - staff->delete / import recording warnings wrong.
- Fixed typo in staff properties dialog ("Voice:" -> "Instrument:").
- Fixed #2930 - noteedit stops playing still held notes in other voices.
- Fixed #4119 - Stem directions in voice dialog don't get rememberd.
- LilyPond export of different drum notes inside a single chord is
prevent choking of Lily. The user should use multiple voices instead.
Download the release candidate here:
Software-Engineer, Developer of User Interfaces
Project: Noteedit - a score editor - http://noteedit.berlios.de
Project: Pertergrin - a RPG system - http://www.pertergrin.de
GnuPG Public Key available on request
More information about the linux-audio-user