[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Qsynth 0.2.4 released!
Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
Sun Oct 2 15:58:17 EDT 2005
Let me spread the word:) finally there comes this bug and some other
usability fixes on today's latest Qsynth 0.2.4 release.
As you might know already, Qsynth is a fluidsynth GUI front-end
application, written in C++ around the Qt3 toolkit, using Qt Designer.
Please check it out from:
Upgrade is highly recommended as this one fixes a very annoying crash
bug that has been lurking for ages.
As simply pasted from the change-log:
- All widget captions changed to include proper application title prefix.
- Attempt to bring those aging autoconf templates to date; sample SPEC
file for RPM build is now being included and generated at configure time.
- Missing icons on channel and soundfont setup context menus are now up;
bank/program splitter widget added to channel preset dialog.
- An abrupt segfault on engine restart have been finally fixed; this
issue has been quite an annoyance which has been around for ages and was
a highly probable showstopper just when restarting an engine due to
changes on the setup settings. Not anymore, hopefully.
- New tool buttons were added to the main widget, for adding a new
engine and removing the current one, while trying to increase the
visibility of multiple fluidsynth engine capability (for new users, at
- Set to use QApplication::setMainWidget() instead of registering the
traditional lastWindowClosed() signal to quit() /slot, just to let the
-geometry command line argument have some optional effect on X11.
- Minor configure and Makefile install fixes, as Debian and Mac OS X
specialties. Also, install does the right thing with target file modes
(thanks to Matt Flax and Ebrahim Mayat, for pointing these out).
- Fixed output disability when messages limit option is turned off
(thanks to Wolfgang Woehl for spotting this one, while on qjackctl).
Hope you enjoy.
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
More information about the linux-audio-user