[linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-users] jack_fst and gcc4

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 16:01:44 EDT 2005


On 10/23/05, Hector Centeno-Garcia <h.centeno at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>
> >On 10/23/05, torbenh at gmx.de <torbenh at gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> >>xfst IS fst. i just removed the hacky stuff.
> >>i removed the debug stuff from the makefile and it still works with my
> >>wine version.
> >>
> >>Wine 20050111
> >>
> >>i uploaded to
> >>http://galan.sf.net/xfst-0.4.tar.gz
> >>
> >>please report back.
> >>
> >>
> >
> >OK, on one of my 32-bit systems I got much further. The GUI comes up
> >and Crystal is visible in QJC's connection windows. However almost
> >immediately I see this in the terminal where I'm running:
> >
> >mark at gigastudio ~/CODE/xfst-0.4 $ ./xfst ~/VSTs/Crystal.dll
> >gui_thread_id = 10
> >Got the focus
> >zombified - exiting from JACK
> >lost focus
> >Got the focus
> >lost focus
> >
> >The GUI is still up but the VST is gone from QJC. I exit Crystal and see this:
> >
> >Got the focus
> >lost focus
> >Got the focus
> >wtf.
> >lost focus
> >quit........
> >mark at gigastudio ~/CODE/xfst-0.4 $
> >
> >mark at gigastudio ~/CODE/xfst-0.4 $ wine --version
> >Wine 20050930
> >mark at gigastudio ~/CODE/xfst-0.4 $ uname -a
> >Linux gigastudio 2.6.12-gentoo-r10 #1 Thu Sep 8 02:09:54 PDT 2005 i686
> >AMD Athlon(TM) XP1600+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
> >mark at gigastudio ~/CODE/xfst-0.4 $
> >
> >NOTE: If anythign about xfst require Wine work with Jack then it may
> >be a problem for this version of Wine.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Mark
> >
> >
> >
> Mark,
>
> Did you try running xfst with the -r flag? ./xfst -r ~/VSTs/Crystal.dll
> That solved the same problem for me with Crystal. If that doesn't work
> try changing the timeout parameter in jack to at least 1000msec.
>
>
>
> Hector
>
Hector,
   Yes, I tried it with and without the -r. At that time it was
failing. However this machine is a little bit out of date and the card
setup is a bit complex so I'm doing some fiddling with everything to
see if it helps. It seems it might as now it seems to be running, at
least with some sound cards and at some sample rates.

mark at gigastudio ~ $ cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [M2496          ]: ICE1712 - M Audio Audiophile 24/96
                     M Audio Audiophile 24/96 at 0xa400, irq 10
1 [R15            ]: RME9636 - RME Digi9636 (Rev 1.5)
                     RME Digi9636 (Rev 1.5) at 0xe2000000, irq 9
2 [CMI8738MC6     ]: CMI8738-MC6 - C-Media PCI CMI8738-MC6
                     C-Media PCI CMI8738-MC6 (model 55) at 0xd800, irq 11
mark at gigastudio ~ $

   I'll report back more later if I figure out any real problems, but
I think it possibly is working.

Cheers,
Mark



More information about the linux-audio-user mailing list