[linux-audio-user] [AN] QLoud-0.1 - measuring loudspeaker response
a at gaydenko.com
Wed Aug 9 12:13:47 EDT 2006
I have wrote this app for own audio-DIY use. Probably, somebody else
will find the app useful too. I'll be happy in such case :-)
Screenshot (180KB): http://gaydenko.com/qloud/shot01.png
===== README ======
QLoud is a tool to measure a loudspeaker frequency response.
Writing this app is inspired by excellent applications written
by Fons Adriaensen:
Theoretical background belongs to Angelo Farina:
In particular, this method was used:
- move mouse above "?" sign at plot window and wait,
- to delete measurement, use context menu on mesurements table,
- to see what the app do, just connect app's JACK ports and try,
- to see what your sound card do, use loopback for line in/out,
- using "very smooth" fractional octave smoothing is hungry for
CPU. So be patient when select more rather 1/3 octave smoothing
(1/3 octave and less smoothing is rather interactive).
Please, add "QLoud" to your message subject. My email is: a at gaydenko.com
===== INSTALL =====
- QT4 ( http://trolltech.com/ ), I use 4.1.4 version,
- Qwt ( http://qwt.sourceforge.net/ ) from current CVS tree (probably,
last official CVS qwt5 snapshot will work too),
- JACK ( http://jackaudio.org/ ),
- sndfile ( http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/ ),
- fftw ( http://www.fftw.org/ ).
- look in src/src.pro to modify include dirs if you want,
'qloud' excecutable will be in 'bin' directory.
More information about the linux-audio-user