[linux-audio-user] ecasound interactive mode
joelz at pobox.com
Thu May 25 02:50:39 EDT 2006
On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 02:25:28PM +1000, Stuart Allie wrote:
> With regards to frontends for eca, I am working on one myself. I hope to
> have the first release in a month or so. It will try to preserve as much
> of ecasound's semantics as possible, and even give you interactive mode
> access. I'll try and get a screenshot of the current version up
> somewhere for people to look at and make suggestions on.
I'm curious what motivates your design, having spent a
long time writing one of my own using perl and tk.
Did you ever have a chance to have a look?? Any feedback??
But then why did I write a front end of my when a rather mature
Tkeca is available??
- I had (and have) a few problems getting it to work.
- By allowing many of the possibilities for Ecasound
there seemed lots of ways to get errors.
- Too many windows makes my eyes glaze over, I
find it hard to keep the big picture.
- Ditto, with dialog boxes, for which I
have a special dislike.
- I'm not used to reading/hacking tcl
- I wanted an autoincrement function for
recording several songs with the same
Are people's requirements and expectations really so
More information about the linux-audio-user