[linux-graphics-dev] simple, yet powerful Text to Bitmap Lib???

Leonard Rosenthol leonardr at lazerware.com
Mon Jan 30 20:34:45 EST 2006

> I'm currently looking for a way to render some text onto an in memory
> bitmap for handling in my application. It should be as simple as
> possible, while maintaining the ability to lookup all fonts available
> on the system. (This is important)

	I don't believe that any of the "simple libraries", such as GD or
IM/GM includes the ability to query fonts available on the OS - since that
type of info is outside their "cross platform" aspects.

	Could you, perhaps, handle that yourself via fontconfig and then use
GD or IM/GM once you have a path to the font in question?

Leonard