GURU 2.0 vs the Erbe

|<EÑT kent at music
Mon Mar 31 07:37:11 EST 1997

>Maybe GURU 2.0, but I am not sure if that has what you mean...

what is GURU 2.0?  link?

>Per writes:
>"Is there a particular method (lookup tables?)
>"on Mac's which produces faster results?

you should be able to do quite a bit of DSP directly on your PPC chip.
start with pitchfork (src included)

ftp://shoko.calarts.edu/pub/MacSoundApps/pitchfork443.5.hqx

you'll find this code in 'DualOscillator.c'

>long
>TLOscillator(long *output, long outputSize, long *lookupTable, long tableSize,
>                               long phase, long *increment, Boolean mix)
>  {
>       long i, j, fixTableSize;
>
>       fixTableSize = tableSize << 15;
>       for(i=0; i<outputSize; i++)
>       {
>               phase += *increment;
>               if(phase > fixTableSize)
>                       phase -= fixTableSize;
>               j = phase >> 15;
>               if(mix)
>                       *(output+i) += (*(lookupTable+j)) >> 1;
>               else
>                       *(output+i) = *(lookupTable+j) >> 1;
>       }
>       return(phase);
>  }

and in 'FillTable.c' you'll find something like this:

>                  case SINE:
>                       tmpFloat = twoPi/size;
>                       for(i = 0; i < size; i++)
>                               table[i] = (long)(32767.0 * sin(tmpFloat * i));
>                       break;

keep us posted on any mod's you make.
[[and be sure to thank the Erbe for not only his soft-wear, but also his CODE!]]
[[the original GURU 1.0]]