No Subject

tothl at inf.u-szeged.hu tothl at inf.u-szeged.hu
Mon Oct 6 08:53:12 EDT 1997

>From tothl Mon Oct  6 14:52:43 +0200 1997 remote from inf.u-szeged.hu
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 14:52:43 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Toth Laszlo <tothl at inf.u-szeged.hu>
To: music-dsp at shoko.calarts.edu
Subject: Re: Final Year Project

On Mon, 6 Oct 1997 J.Mcgee at Bradford.ac.uk wrote:

>  For my project I wish to build
> a digital guitar effects unit, however, I do not know where to start,
> and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.
>   Do I have to use a DSP, or is it possible to filter a guitar signal
> using a PIC?  What sort of processor will I need for this project and
> what would the clock frequency need to be running at?  I would also
> appreciate it if anyone could send the addresses of any DSP Web pages.

The simplest effects like delay, chorus, flanger, phaser don't need too
much computing power. More complex algorithms like a good reverb or
pitch-shifting may need more "horsepower". I can't help with hadrware
quetions, but I implemented most of the above algorithms on PC (not real
time), so I can help with the algorithms.

Good luck,
Laszlo

*               Toth Laszlo                   *                              *
*        Hungarian Academy of Sciences        * "In our life there's if      *
*  Research Group on Artificial Intelligence  *  In our beliefs there's lie  *
*                                             *  In our business there's sin *
*     e-mail: tothl at inf.u-szeged.hu           *  In our bodies there's die"  *
*     http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~tothl       *                              *