audio to midi?

Scott Lehman slehman at harmony-central.com
Tue Dec 1 19:29:14 EST 1998

> I was wondering if there is any software out there that would convert audio
> (let's say pcm) to midi. In other words: if I can record a real piano and
> then have it more less translated to midi score. I suppose it's difficult
> to do polyphonic stuff but single notes shouldn't be a problem?

Audioworks has two products that do this - one for realtime audio, and one for
.wav files.  I haven't used either of them, so I can't vouch for the results.
Their site is at http://www.audioworks.com/

Scott

| Scott Lehman     slehman at harmony-central.com                         |
| Harmony Central Musicians Resource - http://www.harmony-central.com/ |
| "We didn't want a victory, we just wanted to fight" - New Model Army |