study choise, please help...

Michael Gogins gogins at nyc.pipeline.com
Thu Dec 17 08:20:33 EST 1998

If you have a head for the mathematics of DSP, focus on that; it applies to
both the hardware and the software. Linear algebra, signal transforms,
adaptive filters, multiresolution analysis, wavelets. If you don't have a
head for mathematics, focus on the software unless you have an incorrigible
love for hardware. You change software to make it do what you want in 1/4 to
1/10 the time it takes for hardware.