No Subject

Fluke Cloudrunner fcloudrunner at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 17 02:56:01 EDT 1998

Hi all,

In his post about biquad filter coef calculations, R. B-J shows the
formulae below, which I understand for the most part. Now if I want a
LPF or HPF, the coefs need the 'alpha', which has a Q in its definition.

Sorry if I missed this issue earlier, but this post is the reason I
joined the list.

So what does the Q control in the case of LPF and HPF?

Plus I recently purchased a book by Udo Zoelzer (Digital Audio Signal
Processing) that shows similar formulae for these kind of filters. I
plan to compare and determine the differences of definitions and
behavior. Anybody did it already and have any comment?

Thanks

fc