[music-dsp] Motorola 56k archives ?

Steve stv454 at cix.co.uk
Wed Aug 9 07:46:00 EDT 2000

As I am a complete beginner in this area..

How does the DSP capability of the 56K compare to say a PIII 450?

I am interested in PC sound synthesis and I am wondering whether it is
better to go for a dedicated DSP chip, or just to use the brute force
power of modern processors.

One disadvantage of totally PC based work is that there is more likely to
be electrical noise etc. (so I have heard).

Any thoughts on this?

Steve